Welcome to Dizzy for Kindergarten! Launched...

Welcome to Dizzy for Kindergarten - a blog for teachers!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Landslide of Laminate!

I've been so busy blog hopping from one awesome blog to the next (and picking up a TON of new ideas in the process!) that I sort of forgot to add to my own blog! I had every intent of blogging away about the first day of school, complete with pictures, but when the mercury decided to rise to 95, and the heat index well above that (did I mention I am one of 6 rooms WITHOUT air conditioning) all I could do when I came home was change my soaked clothes and fall asleep on the couch! 

Now that the temperature is more manageable, I went into school (yes, on labor day) and printed out and laminated the TON of new ideas, centers, etc. that I will be using in the upcoming weeks.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the long trail of laminated papers I came home with...  Oh well, here I am halfway through cutting it all out - can you think of a better way to spend a Monday night? (Yes, I could have a parent do it for me, but I need a lot of them for this week - nothing like planning ahead!)  At least my cat was pleased with the piles!  For some unknown reason, she LOVES eating the plastic laminate scraps! (Did I mention that this is the same cat that will eat the bag the cat food comes in, but not the food inside?!) Anyways... have you ever noticed that no matter how hard you try to clean the floor afterwards, there are ALWAYS clear undetectable scraps lying around that you find for the next several days, or until you vacuum, even though you swore you picked them all up?


Here is is everything AFTER I finished cutting it out!  I can' believe how much less space it takes up!  That is a small bag, with 8.5X11 paper standing up in the back!  If only it was that easy to lug it all home to cut out!

No comments:

Post a Comment