Welcome to Dizzy for Kindergarten! Launched...

Welcome to Dizzy for Kindergarten - a blog for teachers!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kitchen Makeover

My class LOVES to play in the dramatic play/"kitchen" area during free choice and inside recess.  So many great language opportunities, problem solving skills, and social functioning take place there that it makes me sad when I hear about how some kindergarten classroom are getting rid of these "playthings" because they need to focus more on "academics" and therefore miss out on all the wonderful things that go on here... Anyways, I had been getting really irritated that the kids were just shoving stuff everywhere to clean up - an then realized that the problem wasn't with the kids, but my lack of "organization" in this area.  Everything else in the room is labeled with it's own place, but somehow I overlooked all the dramatic play accessories.  So, I created some signs to put on my baskets, and now everything is neatly sorted.  (Not to mention it looks MUCH better!)  No more chaos!  Yeah! :)  If you have a better way to organize this area of your classroom, I'd love to hear from you!


If you'd like a copy of the signs/labels click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. At Stone Solutions we offer you the perfect solution to updating tired, worn or outdated Benchtop with a minimum of fuss and cost.
    Our fabricators are fully certified and we also offer the services of fully licensed plumbers and electricians if needed. Sinks,
    taps and appliances are also part of our service.

    Kitchen Makeovers

    ReplyDelete